As a city of countless attractions, events, festivities, and fascinating places, it’s quite normal for us to have trouble mentioning them all – they are happening almost faster than we can talk about them and you’ll never run out of things to do in Singapore.
One event that we can’t miss, however, is the World Gourmet Summit. Our earlier post covered the Singapore Food Festival, and the World Gourmet Summit is another even that food-enthusiasts simply don’t want to miss!
First organized in 1997, the World Gourmet Summit is having its 20th anniversary this year. Ever since its inception, the WGS,s prime purpose has been to showcase and promote the local dining scene, as well as the Michelin-starred chefs and vintners both from Singapore and from around the globe.
It is organized annually by the A La Carte Productions, which is a division of Peter Knipp Holdings Pte Ltd (PKH). WGS is also actively supported by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
Whether you are interested in dining, wine, or whiskey, the World Gourmet Summit will present you the best of the best dining professionals and restaurants in Singapore from around the world. During the summit you can witness a great variety of programmes and highlights of the best Michelin-awarded chefs. You can also get close and take part in wine and dine tastings and degustations.
Previous years of the World Gourmet Summit have seen amazing professionals such as:
- Jean-François Piège (France – 2 Michelin Stars), hosted by Chef Chris Millar at Stellar@1-Altitude
- The famed pastry chef Christian Escriba
- Matt Moran (Australia – 3 The Age Good Food Guide Hats), hosted by Chef Dallas Cuddy at The Prime Society
- Gabriele Ferron (Italy), hosted by Chef Kentaro Torii at Forlino
- The Roca brothers, Jordi and Josep, from three-Michelin-starred El Celler de Can Roca in Spain
- Modern-Indonesian cuisine pioneer Petty Elliott
- William Ledeuil (France, 1 Michelin Star), hosted by Chef Ken Ling at My Humble House
- Yannick Alléno (France, 3 Michelin Stars), hosted by Chef Bruno Ménard at La Cantine by Bruno Ménard
- Sanjeev Kapoor (India), hosted by Chef Manjunath Mural at The Song of India
And many, many others!
On WGS’s website – http://www.worldgourmetsummit.com/wgs2017/main.php – you can keep up with the latest from the World Gourmet Summit, as well as with the culinary event itself – it is being held right now – from 20 March to 16 April!
If you’re interested in taking a detailed look at the finest dining offers that Singapore has to offer, the World Gourmet Summit is something that you simply don’t want to miss!