City Square Mall Singapore
City Square Mall in Singapore is conveniently located in the heart of Serangoon, on the site of Singapore’s historic New World Park – just minutes from the fairly new Farrer Park MRT and in close proximity to Little India as well. The mall has become a staple for residents and office workers in the area, as well as for tourists, thanks with its many shops, eateries, and attractions. There is a Golden Village cinema on the top floor too, a Food Republic food court on the 4th with an excellent katsudon stall that serves a massive portion of pork or chicken cutlet for $6, and much more.
In the basement, you have the increasingly popular American chicken joint Wingstop that has become one of my lunch favourites. I’ve been alternating between Din Tai Fung, Adam Road Nasi Lemak ( the really famous one ) in B2, Cedele, Wingstop, KFC, McDonalds for lunch. It’s a bad habit but I find myself picking up post-lunch snacks at the Koi Cafe or waffles from Prima Deli. Before I forget, if you’re in the mood for burritos or tacos, there’s an excellent take-away stand just at the first escalator in basement one.
With over 450,000 square feet of net available area and over 200 tenants, City Square Mall successfully caters to all possible needs of the mall’s visitors.
If you’re visiting the Serangoon area and you want some respite from a sunny day, you won’t do wrong to pop by City Square Mall. It’s one of the few malls that have a good mix of tenants, making it a great choice for mid-income families and tourists with its vast array of value-to-money merchandise and services, promotions, street fare, and international cuisine. Its one of the few malls that have a a good mix of tenants, including the ever popular $2 Daiso and Uniqlo. There’s also a huge NTUC in the basement and local coffee chain, Yakun.
City Square Mall was originally intended as a miniature “town center” and it must be said that it succeeded in that goal. It also prides itself as Singapore’s first Eco-Mall.
If one was to attempt a Top 10 list of all the great eateries, shops and attractions of City Square Mall, they would face an almost impossible (and highly subjective) task. Yet, this is what we are here to do, so just to give you a quick sample of the many cool things in City Square Mall – here’s our Top 10 in no particular order:
- Din Tai Fung Justly ranked as one of the world’s Top Ten Best Restaurants by The New York Times, Din Tai Fung has a 40 year history, going to its origins in Taiwan. This authentic Taiwanese restaurant brings the true taste of Taiwan cuisine to Singapore with its signature meals such as the xiao long baos (steamed pork dumplings), the heart-warming steamed chicken soup, and many others.
- Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant If you are in the mood for something Japanese instead, the Momiji buffet restaurant is also here to satisfy your cravings. An authentic Japanese buffet, offering over 150 culinary masterpieces every day, this restaurant is a must-visit for every fan of the Japanese cuisine. Sashimi, Sushi, Paper Steamboat, Nabeyaki, Teppanyaki, Tempura, Cold Seafood, Yakimono, Agemono, and much more await you in Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant.
- OldTown White Coffee Do not be fouled by OldTown White Coffee’s name – there’s much more to be found here other than just coffee. In this amazing celebration of Malaysian culture you will find almost innumerable traditional recipes of all kinds and types – appetizers, mains and desserts, light or hearty breakfast meals, sublime lunches and dinners, refreshing tea breaks or just “a good old” OLDTOWN White Coffee – either way, you’ll be very happy you visited this place.
- Golden Village If you’re desire for food and beverages is satisfied and you’re looking for some entertainment, check out the Golden Village cinema at the top of the mall. Golden Village Multiplex is Singapore’s leading cinema exhibitor with 11 multiplexes housing 87 screens island-wide. Established and developed as a modern, luxurious multiplex cinemas, Golden Village is the first cinema company in Singapore to personalize the movie-going experience through its Movie Club program.
- Genius R Us A truly unique place, Genius R Us is a place that offers children an endless array of opportunities to play, learn, and have fun. Through amazing workshops such as “Kidz Can Bake!” and “Kidz Can Craft!”, Genius R Us is a place that prides itself with its ability to bring out the creative genius of every child.
- Global Art Another great program oriented towards children, the Global Art & Creative Program aims encourage kids and students to develop their artistic skills and sides, and to channel them into a a true art. With a staff of professional and acclaimed teachers, Global Art offers a great deal of both fun and purpose to its visitors.
- Hush Puppies Apparel As every good mall, the City Square Mall offers a great deal of shops and places for clothes shopping. And few of them are as iconic as the Hush Puppies Apparel. Offering a great deal of both men’s and women’s outerwear of unrivaled quality, Hush Puppies Apparel is another must-visit in the City Square Mall in Singapore.
- Giordano Another great option for people looking for clothing of the highest quality, Giordano provides a wide range of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothes. Giordano’s signature is “style in simplicity” and it is this approach that has justifiably made them a favorite among countless of fans and customers across the globe.
- The Aroma Hub For those with heightened senses, the Aroma Hub in City Square Mall is a prime location for catering to your noses. With more than 50 types of essential and fragrance oils, as well as a comprehensive range of aromatherapy accessories, the Aroma Hub is a surefire way to help you become happier and more relaxed during your touring of both the Mall and Singapore.
- The Body Shop Last but not least, the Body Shop is one of the most famous body-care shops in the world. Whether you’re looking for spa accessories, make-up, bath & body accessories, skin care products, hair care accessories, or anything else that’d help you have the body you want – the Body Shop has got you covered.
There is also a large variety of things to do in the immediate vicinity of City Square Mall – Mustafa Centre, the Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple, Petain Road, Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Sakya Muni Buddha Gaya Temple, Little India, the Temple of 1,000 Lights (Sakya Muni Buddha Gaya), Zhujiao Centre (Tekka Market), Singapore Mass Rapid Transit (SMRT), Adventures by Asian Detours, Leong San See Temple, Great World Travel, and many more of Singapore’s signature attractions are in close proximity to City Square Mall.
For the full tenant list, check out City Square Mall’s website.
Looking for ideas on what to do, where to go, and what to eat? Try our other pages on the site.
City Square Mall
Address: 180 Kitchener Rd, 208539
Opened: September 2009
Hours: 10am to 10pm Daily